Monday, October 11, 2010

Faces

Yesterday at church we had child dedication.  It's always so much fun to watch the parents walking down the isle, holding their little one like they are the world's most precious gift, which they are!!  It's neat to watch as the parents dedicate their little one to God and present them to the church family.  I love the joy and contentment on the parents faces at showing off their baby (or toddler). 

But, as I'm watching the parents and the kids, hundreds of faces pop into my mind.  The faces are of the children that may never be publicly dedicated to God, that may never have loving parents to show them off to the world or a church family to stand with them.  I see the faces of the fatherless here in Guatemala, those that have been abused, abandoned, rejected, and forgotten.  Some of the faces I know exactly where the children are, often times an orphanage.  Other children I have no idea where they are; they have either been adopted or sent back with their parents, no matter what their situation is like.  There is one thing in common with all these children though, God had them all in His hands and he will NEVER let them go!! 







"For I know the plan I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and NOT to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  -Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment: