Saturday, May 11, 2013

Things I have Learned...


Since I have moved to the states, there are quite a few things that I have come to learn/needed to learn!  Granted, I’m still picking up on new things here and there, but here are a few of the things that have hit me lately (in no particular order!)!

-Having my own car is kinda nice!  In Guate I never had my own car and just used the family car.  Now if I want to go somewhere, I just jump into Logan and we’re off!  J


-Some old habits die hard.  Throwing toilet paper in the trashcan… or at least looking for a trashcan!  Oh, and wanting to pass school busses… 

-Springtime is awesome!!  Guate is the land of eternal spring, but it’s been years since I’ve experienced a USA spring, and I’m loving it!!!


-Sisters are still sisters, even 2000 miles away.  I feel like I’m just as close to my sisters now as when I left.  We send each other messages, Skype, and (thanks to technology!) can stay in touch without too much of an issue!!  Looking forward to talking to them face to face in a few days though!!!!!!


-It’s ok to have 2 homes.  This one took a little longer to learn, but once the reality of it sunk in, life felt different!  I can be completely at home here in the USA and yet still consider Guate my home just as much as when I lived there.  And you know what, there’s nothing wrong with that!

-Being perfect isn’t essential, but giving it 100% is!  I entered college figuring that I would be able to get through it without too much of a challenge.  Enter grumpy professors, lots of memorization, and overloaded brains- perfection became a lot harder than I anticipated.  BUT, I knew that if I did my best and learned the material, no matter what the grades showed I could still be proud with the effort that I put forth!

-Nature is a great way to escape for a while.  When life feels overwhelming and all out of wack, the beauty, "realness" and miracle of nature is the perfect thing!


-Family doesn’t have to be blood.  I have known this for a while, but being so far away from my immediate family has just reinforced this knowledge 100X over!! 

-Becoming a big sister from 2000 miles away is still exciting!!!


-There’s nothing quite like a hug from your own parents.  I was fortunate enough to hug my dad (and spend time with him) in December, and I CANNOT WAIT to hug both parents in 6 days!!!!!!!!!


-Snuggling a baby does good things for the heart.  Ok, I knew this one… but still!  J


-The human body is an amazing thing, with LOTS of parts!!!  I knew the body was intricate, but when you have to memorize a bunch of stuff about it, you gain a new appreciation for it!!


-It is possible to miss your dog just as much as anyone else!


-Work at a place you enjoy with people you enjoy, and the day goes pretty quickly!


-Life flies by and changes CRAZY fast, so take it one step at a time and enjoy every moment of it!!  

1 comment:

  1. Keep on learning and enjoying life. So happy for you. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete