Monday, November 5, 2012

November?!?!

November... now how'd that happen??!??!  It's amazing how quickly the months seem to fly by, even when some days seem to go so much slower!  All that to say, life is flying by!

I'm trying to think about what all has been happening in my neck of the woods lately, and all of a sudden I'm drawing a blank!!!  So I guess I'll just start with the things that pop to mind first...

I have found a church that I have been attending much more regularly, and I'm really enjoying it!!  The church is University Christian Fellowship, they're associated with a local University (hence the name), so there are a lot of college students that go there.  I was able to go on their retreat and several other activities (barn party, chili cook off, costume party, etc.) with them, so I've been enjoying getting to know people and connecting in a little more in general!!
At the retreat



School continues to go well, challenging, but going well!!  I think we're just about 3/4 of the way done with the semester... wow!  I think biology continues to be my most challenging course, but it's also probably the one that I am enjoying the most.  There's nothing like seeing how fearfully and wonderfully made we really are!!
Fire alarm at school... oops!!  

It's been fun actually experiencing fall in the USA this year!  I kind of have felt like a tourist, taking pictures of all the leaves, trees, and everything else!  Then again, I guess I am still kind of a tourist...  ;)  I even carved a pumpkin this year!!
So pretty!!


My pumpkin!!

The squirrels have been enjoying him...  ;)

Hurricane Sandy brought a little bit of fun our way, but thankfully not too much damage.  It was kind of nice to have two extra days of school off, but it was also kind of annoying to have to stay home all day!!  I got quite a bit of school done and a 1000 piece puzzle with my aunt, might as well make the most of the time!
Starting the puzzle...

Less than 24hrs later... done!!

Lots of water from Sandy!

I'm still trying to get used to this cold weather... I must still have my "chapin" blood in me!!  The frost that we had a few weeks ago was beautiful though, so once again, I went all "touristy" and started taking pictures...
Purty...  :)

Let's see, a few other activities that I've been involved in are making more applesauce (both with Sherry and my aunt), hanging out with some really fun kiddos, and baking.  I also got a really fun package from my family back in Guate when a group of ladies came back from their visit.  I must admit, that made me homesick, both for my family and the country, but it was still fun!!!!!

NY apples!!

Amazing stuff right there!  :)

:)

Banana-Nutella-Chocolate chip cookies... yum!!

The bag...

Beginning the opening process...

Yay!!!  So much fun!!

I think that's my life in a nutshell at the moment.  Am I enjoying it?  YES!!  Is it hard?  YES!!  Do I miss my family/Guate?  YES, terribly!!  Am I feeling more at home?  YES!!  So thank you for your continued prayers and encouragements, keep 'em coming!!  :)  

And yes, I am still finding 4 leaf clovers...  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love you Maredith! I appreciate your "ramblings" and it is so good to see you grasping the "fall" and feeling touristy! Love seeing you at HACC and touching base. I'm sure you are looking forward to going home at Christmas for a few weeks! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete