Friday, November 16, 2012

Decisions

Life is full of decisions to be made… what do I wear this morning?  What should I have for lunch?  Which courses should I take next semester?  And the list goes on.  Every day we are faced with decisions and choices that we need to make, and some are much easier than others, but they still need to be made.

That leads me to my latest big decision… Christmas.  What should I do for Christmas this year?  Stay in the US or go back home?  If you would have asked me 2 months ago, I would have told you with 100% certainty that I would be going home for Christmas.  In the past few weeks though, I have begun to questions whether that would be the best option for me right now, or if it would be better to stay here in the States and try to keep some kind of “normal” life going on. 

After several days/weeks of praying and talking with various people, I have made the decision to stay here in the US for Christmas this year.  I can’t deny it; I have 3000 different emotions flying around about it all!  I know I’m going to miss being with my whole family for Christmas (although one member will be coming up!), and it’s really going to be a huge adjustment for us all!  I’m going to miss all the fireworks and the “traditional” Guatemalan celebrations.  I’m also going to miss seeing everyone in Guate and reconnecting with my “family” there.  But, on the other hand, I will get to experience a USA Christmas with my extended family and celebrate with those that are here. 

Some decisions are hard (like this one was!!), others are easier, but God uses every single one to help us to grow and to build our trust in Him.  I can thankfully say that I do feel at peace with my final decision, and I’m going to make the best of wherever it leads!!  J  

No comments:

Post a Comment